Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snow Snow Snow

Yesterday it literally snowed from dawn 'til dusk. The snow is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but there is just a lot of it! The kids, surprisingly, still get excited about it. We built a snowman yesterday and they were still nagging me to come play in the snow today. You'd think that having snow on the ground for nearly 5 months out of the year would get old, but the dragons seem to never tire of sledding, crafting forts, and planning snowball fights.


One thing that I do appreciate it, though, is how pretty the snow is. Because it is actively snowing so much of the time, we get that untouched, angelic "fresh snow" look just about every day. It also brings the "God created each snowflake uniquely" lesson from my childhood Sunday School classes to a whole new meaning, considering just how many snowflakes hit the ground here each day. And while traipsing through snow every time I need groceries is not the most fun thing, I am very thankful for the beauty of it.

  
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment